Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Renovations continue!

After a week of illness and renovations ongoing I am persevering at the gym and WW. To date, after three weeks, seven pounds have been shed. Whether this is due to stress or my increased activity at the gym....I don't know. But, either way, the jeans are looser and I've been motivated.

My house is still in the shambles. There are layers of dust around that you can not only use to write your name in, but also work well as coasters. It's been there so long now the hardened particles are becoming part of the decor. I had been keeping on top of it at first, however, quickly realized it was a futile effort and reluctantly waved the white flag in defeat.

Our small office is now a full size bedroom currently inhabited by Noah. Project "Build Noah a room" is complete. Now we are renovating the room the boys shared to make it just for Drew. As excited as we all were to see Noah finally get his own room - in the shuffle of it all that first night alone was devastating to Drew. Caught up in the commotion we'd forgotten to think about the impact this would have on Drew . However, he too now is thrilled to be personalizing his own space red paint and all!

I am now on a first name basis with "Barb" at Chester Dawe ( lost count of the number of sheets of gyproc that's been ordered) - Christmas card to that woman! I have Lost track of the number of paint swatches that have made their way through the house - thank goodness for the memory of the staff at the Paint Shop! My cell phone bill may take a beating this month as it doesn't stop ringing with, "did you remember this?", "have you ordered that yet? Do they have it in stock?", "what time are they coming tomorrow?" - my mind races and at moments I feel like I'm going to require medication to make it through.

Today, I just stayed away. Why watch my house go deeper into the hole of disaster! Lunch and an afternoon outside with the lady cousins, spin class tonight, and a cell phone that stayed on silent all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment