Friday, October 7, 2011

Puppy Tales


 Mr. Marty McFly


I’d like to introduce you to the newest member of the Mommy Jingles family, Mr. Marty McFly.  Marty is a Boston Terrier and at 10-weeks old weighs in at approximately 5.5lbs.   Marty and his sister Lexi made a short trip to St. John’s to become our newest family member ; and Lexi with my two great friends.  Lacey and Tyler already had a wonderful 2-yearold Boston Terrier named Tuna and we were all very excited to learn that we would be getting a puppy from the same breeder, making Marty and Lexi half siblings to Miss Tuna.

Being a first time dog owner, I was quite nervous and excited waiting for Marty to arrive. With my friends, and a warm fleece “disney princess” blanket we were off to collect our puppies.  As soon as I saw him, I knew he was ours and instantly fell in love.  The sweetest little face and eyes that can melt your heart, Marty was home…and like the first time I brought my kids home from the hospital, “Now what do we do?” 

We had kept him a secret from our kids, hoping it would minimize the, “Mom, is he here yet? Is he here yet?” and to also give them a wonderful surprise.  And, surprise it was.  Captured on film, the look on their little faces when they not only saw Marty, but learned he was ours to stay was a true parental moment etched in my head forever. Disbelief, awe and love; this little bundle of fur would now be showered with love for a very long time.

 Cuddles with Grace

Two weeks later, and I am proud to report that Marty is doing great!  He has the sweetest little personality, is well on the way to fully house trained (minus gale force winds and torrential rain – but, who can blame him),  loves spending time in his little bed, and best of all, sleeps through the night!  Lights out by 10:00 and not a peep all night; 6:30am as I stumble out of bed, I am greeted by Mr. McFly patiently sitting in his kennel waiting to go for his morning pee.  Better still, the boys have now taken to getting up in the morning and brining Marty outside; further making our Puppy Adventure a family effort.

I’d like to tell you stories, of sleep deprivation, chewed shoes, hidden poopy surprises, and more. However, for now, I haven’t any.  As a family, we agreed on boundaries and rules to help Marty along and thus far, we seem to be going in the right direction as I look forward to learning along with Marty.  Seeing my kids with him is truly a special experience.  While Marty, like the kids, will become adolescent and push the boundaries of my very sanity, he too must remember the golden rule.  In this house, I’m the pack leader!  

 Meeting Mommy for the first time


No comments:

Post a Comment