Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Try and Try Again!

So here it is. I had gracefully fell off of and now back on to the Weight Watchers wagon. After three weeks of not weighing-in I decided it was time to re-group. I was doing quite nicely with a 8lb loss, exerising three-four times a week, feeling positive and then - three weeks in a row the scale stopped. The scale (my once friend) hit the all famous plateau and my determiniation a famous downward spiral. Here I am busting my butt off and for what!!! "Oh dear you know muscle weighs more than fat!" - "My, you had a small gain this week. Were you expecting that?"

Now honestly - I think it's safe to assume that most, if not all people join WW to loose weight. So unless i'm PMS'ing 30 days out of the month with permant water retention - "NO, I was NOT expecting that! Thank you very much!!!" Jingles, I wanted to slap the woman! So, it was here that I decided this was completly counter productive. Yes, the inches were coming off; however, since the only measuring I was getting was on a scale and not with a tape my Mommy Mojo was at an all time low.

Today, is now Day 2 (for the second time). Not to be taken lightly, I am fully armed for success this time. I have my daily journal ready to write any and all things that I eat, updated all song lists on my ipod, electronic scale to properly weigh my portions, sessions with Lacey at the gym and a whole lot of boo-yah-baby attitude!!! My sisters wedding is in seven weeks! Jiggly bits beware!!

later.....

Ugh, have you ever stopped to weigh your food before eating it? Well, talk about a fun-sucking activity! By the time I've cut, weighed, added points and sighed repeatedly... my meal has lost it's mourish appeal! Estimation was much more appealing! [sigh]

1 comment:

  1. You go girl, persevere! BTW, you can correct her next time anyone says muscle weighs more than fat... it doesn't. A ton of iron weighs the same as a ton of cotton, it just takes up less space! AND... fat is an energy storage device while muscle is a calorie burning engine.
    Great post, I empathize.

    ReplyDelete