Thursday, February 3, 2011

38.7cm = Snow Day



According to Environment Canada 38.7cm of fluffy white snow fell in the metro area.  Personally, I think most of it fell on my van, as it looked more like a large skiing mogul than a vehicle.  None the less, there was no room for complaining.  After a quiet, argument free breakfast of pancakes, my little troops and I headed out to start clearing out.  The boys trotted off playing with their friends while little Gracie hung out with her Mama.  Today was a great day indeed.  Not only was it sunny and mild out, my husband had purchased a new snow blower for me after the debockle and inevitable retirement of our last one.

This Mama was a snow clearing machine!  Best part was my little munchikin following along side me with her "stroller blower" (as she called it).  Grace puttered along side her Mama quite proud of her snow clearing abilities.  "Look Mama, I did that!"

Who was I to argue with the kid, piles and piles of snow to clear and an almost 4-year-old to keep entertained and safe.  If she wanted to use the stroller as her "stroller blower", I was all over it.

Oddly enough, our morning was without incident.  Who would have thunk it!! Our street Mayor brought along a Tim Hortons green tea and the kids have spent the entire day filling their lungs full of fresh air! Closets, toy bins and two rooms gutted, three bags of garbage and two for goodwill....I think it's safe to say that this snow day was a great success and it's not over yet.

Dinner is cooking and a Miche party tonight to attend....how I love these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment